The 3D Animation and Game industries are highly competitive and demanding. Finding work in this environment requires a strong portfolio that can compete in a national and international arena.
- There is no Portfolio Review for incoming Freshmen. If it’s your first semester in college, we welcome everyone – regardless of your high school experience.
- Understanding this reality, the ANGD department strives to help students find if they will be successful in this major as early as possible in their academic career.
- First year at UIW = overview of all the areas of 3D Animation & Game Design.
- After first year all ANGD students are required to submit a portfolio of the work completed in the ANGD first-year core.
- Only upon passage of this Portfolio Review can students enter the Animation or Modeling concentrations and continue study within the major.
- Portfolios are reviewed at the end of the first year.
- All transfer students who wish to start in the Modeling or Animation concentration classes must submit a portfolio at the scheduled portfolio review time the SPRING semester before they plan to attend.
- Since the number of applicants will vary each year, passing grades in first-year classes will not guarantee admission to the major.
- Students who do not pass the portfolio review may resubmit a portfolio the following year. Students who plan on resubmitting a portfolio for review should retake some or all of the first-year courses to enhance their portfolio.
Please note that acceptance to the University does not guarantee admission to the 3D Animation & Game Design major.